October 14, 2017
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Boy Scout Merit Badge Fair is an opportunity for Boy Scouts or Venturers, of any rank, to work on one or two merit badges. All Scouts are required to bring signed blue cards in order to work on merit badges. Merit badges offered:
- First Aid
- Personal Fitness
- Family Life
- Citizenship of the Community
- Citizenship of the Nation
- Citizenship of the World
- Traffic Safety
- Personal Management
- Environmental Science
- Veterinary Medicine
Registration is $5 and covers pizza for lunch. Check-in begins at 7:30 am. Each course lasts two hours with the exception of First Aid which is a four-hour course. Every Scout can take up to two classes with the exception of First Aid.
Please register as soon as possible. The classes will be filled on a first come basis. Choose four merit badge courses in order of preference. If one of your first two choices fills up, we will take from your 3rd or 4th choice.
Registration opens in August.
What to Bring
Scouts should arrive early and must bring:
- Field uniform
- A blue card for each merit badge class (signed by his Scoutmaster).
- Note paper, pen or pencil, and water bottle
- Merit badge book for each class that has been read prior to the event
- BSA Health and Medical Record (Parts A & B for all Scouting events)
- Registration fee of $5 (check payable to SHAC)
- Printed copy of the merit badge worksheet:
The BSA's Commitment to Safety is ongoing and we want you to know that the safety of our youth, volunteers, staff, and employees cannot be compromised. BSA Guide to Safe Scouting policies must be followed and all participants must follow youth protection guidelines at all Scouting events. Highlights include:
- Two-deep leadership on all outings required.
- No one-on-one contact between adults and youth members.
- The buddy system should be used at all times.
- Discipline must be constructive.
Youth Protection Guidelines Guide to Safe Scouting Enterprise Risk Management
For questions, contact email@example.com or the district activities chair.